Saturday, January 11, 2014

Birthday Book Haul




Books are dangerous.. and bookshops, even more so. 

After holidays in Barcelona, I still had a bit of birthday money left in my back pocket and what better thing to spend it on, than books right? Well that's what I seemed to have in mind when I walked into Easons. Honestly, I had only intended to get Legend, by Marie Lu, but you know, the temptation was just too strong! Haha

No but anyway, here are the books I bought!








The Scorch Trials
By James Dashner

I read The Maze Runner near the end of Summer 2013, which was quite a while ago, I know. I was so satisfied with the ending of the first book, and it didn't end with much of a cliffhanger, so I didn't really want to pick up the second, in case I wouldn't enjoy it. But I'm gonna give it a chance anyway, since I've heard some really positive stuff about the rest of the series!







The Fault in our Stars
By John Green

I've actually already read this, but it was on iBooks on my phone, and being one of my top reads of 2013, I just had to get the physical copy, you know, for re-reads and stuff!







All Our Yesterdays
By Cristin Terrill

You would not believe how long I've been waiting for this book to show up in my local bookshop! And you can only imagine how excited I'd gotten when I finally found it haha! It's a shame that it wasn't the one with the original cover, which was what caught my attention in the first place, but I'm still excited to read it!







Clockwork Angel
By Cassandra Clare

There's this awesome booktuber, namely Katytastic, who has raved about this book, and series, enough to make me want to read it. A few other people I know have recommended it too, so I decided to give it a go!



 &  

Legend and Champion
By Marie Lu

First of all, there was a 3 for 2 sale in Easons today, right? But the problem was, the only book by Marie Lu included in the sale was Champion. So I got that, and because it obviously didn't make sense buying only the third book in a series, I also got the first. I couldn't find Prodigy though, which is kinda sad and ruined all my plans! Haha



 &  

City of Ashes and City of Glass
 By Cassandra Clare

For some strange reason, I've only read the first book in the Mortal Instruments series, the City of Bones. I didn't love it, but I liked it, and really want to find out what happens with Jace and Clary, so I got the next two books! Again, part of the 3 for 2 sale.. haha



   &

Hunger and Lies
 By Michael Grant

This is sort of similar to my Legend series problem, but in this case, I couldn't find the first book of the series! I must have visited like fifteen different bookshops, including shops in the UK and Spain, might I add, yet I found every other book in the series except the first. It was really annoying, but because I had a really good feeling about the series, I went ahead and got the second and third books!





So, I guess I won't be buying lunch for school anytime soon, if you know what I mean *nudge nudge*.
Yeah.. I'm broke! Hahaha. Man, I really need to get a part-time job!
Anyway, what do you guys think of my pathetic willpower? Do you, perhaps, have the same problem? Haha

Thanks for reading guys, see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment