Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Blogmas Day 3: 'To Be Read' List

Hey everyone!

So today I didn't have much time to do a really well thought out post, so I chose something relatively easy, so I don't fail this Blogmas thing already! Haha

Alright, so by the title, you obviously know what I'm gonna talk about! As I'm sure many other avid readers do, I have piles upon piles of books that I'm planning on reading, and some have been waiting for quite a while I'm ashamed to say. Not having enough time to read sucks man!

Anyway, let's get to it! My top five 'To Be Read' titles!


Gone


I saw this first in Easons, a local bookshop, and it had the other cover, the more modern one I'm assuming, and the blurb caught my attention immediately. In the blink of an eye, all people over the age of fifteen just disappear? Of course you'd want to find out why! I did anyway, so I bought it and I was so busy, and reading another book at the time, that I forgot it, and it's been on my 'to be read' shelf for ages. During the Christmas break, I'm making it a priority to read and review this book! It seems really interesting!













Obsidian

Obsidian is actually a title I just found out about recently, a few weeks ago. Straight out romance plots aren't really my thing, but for some strange reason, if a supernatural element is added, I'll read it! Haha


It's the typical girl meets mysterious guy, he turns out to be a supernatural being, an alien in this case I think, they fall in love and bad stuff happens. Anyway, I saw this as a recommendation on goodreads and despite my not so enthusiastic tone, I can't wait to read it!















The Fault In Our Stars

I've heard so many raves about this book, read so many good reviews and have actually started it myself. That was at the start of September, however, and I still haven't finished it.. Why? Because of school that's why!
I'd actually gotten the book from a friend and was surprised how interested in the story I was, only a chapter or two in. When I realised that it was written by a youtuber, I was so surprised, because I do watch a lot of youtubers and didn't think such a thing could pass, and I'd still be unawares. Nevertheless, I shall get to it soon!













  The Mark Of Athena






Okay this one is just plain embarrassing, especially because I'm such a big fan of the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. I bought it a year ago, if I remember correctly, and I just have not been able to get started with the book. With this series and the previous one, when I start to read one of the books, I just can stop and end up getting nothing else done for the duration of the read!
I still do plan on reading it, but for now it'll have to sit here, on my 'to be read' shelf!







City Of Ashes

Finally, the last of the top ten is the well-known sequel to the 'City of Bones'. I read and liked the first book of the series a few months ago, and have been meaning to continue with the series, but again, I didn't have the time and forgot it, partly because I didn't absolutely love the first installment.
I don't exactly remember how the last one ended, I'll have to go back over that, but I did buy the second one, so I did enjoy it.

I'll get to this last, out of the books in this post obviously, but I definitely will get to it!









So what do you guys think? If you have ready any of these books and want to warn me against reading a particular book, or even prompt me to get to one quicker, just say so! Comments are really appreciated!

I almost missed Blogmas today with all the homework I had to do! Haha.
See you guys tomorrow with a new post!


No comments:

Post a Comment