Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Starting Into Writing


Hey guys, how's it going?
Hope you're all feeling as good as I am!

I started into writing in the weirdest of ways. And no, I don't mean writing physically for all you smart asses reading this, haha! I mean writing stories, roleplaying, that kind of stuff. Believe it or not, I started on a pretty well known site called Moshi Monsters.



Haha yes, I was a member of Moshi Monsters around three-four years ago, the time in which I was introduced to writing by a close friend. On the site was a section called the Forums, where everyone could chat and interact and make friends. Haha, it might sound a tad on the sappy side but come on, I was eleven! In the Forums, was then a subsection, called Roary's Eye-magination Station (don't slag me for remembering haha) where all the imaginative, creative people and threads were. Where I did my very first roleplay.

This probably all sounds so corny and cringe-worthy, but you know when you reminisce on a particular period of time that you're fond of, and you remember is being happy? Well this is mine. I remember everyday I would speed through my homework, just to get online and create these exciting stories with my new friends. I actually remember the first post I made, not in detail though. Only that it was in a roleplay where we had wolves for characters. It was the best fun I'd had in ages.

Anyway, after a while I moved onto another roleplaying site, WCRPG, because I felt I wanted more advanced stuff.



 There was never a more hesitant moment in my life than joining that site. Okay maybe that's slightly exaggerating, but I was reluctant to leave Moshi, and now I'm glad I made the decision. I've met some of the nicest people I know, on that site, people who made writing over 1,000 words in each post, even a notion in my head. Sure just at the end of Summer I beat my word count, with over 3,000 words! I never thought I'd even be capable of something like that, a year before. 

It's too bad I barely have the time to post everyday now. With school work and exams getting harder, it's like all I do is go to school, come back, do homework, sleep and repeat. I try to fit in at least one post a day, because feel like without writing, I just wouldn't be able to cope! Haha
I don't know about you guys, but for me, writing is all about losing yourself (brace yourself again for the cheesiness that might come). When I write it's like I'm the character, feeling what they feel and experiencing what they experience. 

It the most exhilarating thing ever, writing, and I never plan on stopping.




No comments:

Post a Comment