Friday, December 6, 2013

Blogmas Day 6: Favourite Quotes On Books And Reading

Hey guys!

 So I decided to take it easy with this post, because I'll be going out soon and won't be back 'til almost midnight, crazy I know, that's just me! Haha

 I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy just scrolling through famous quotes, be them inspirational, comedic, or educational, and I hope you guys do too, mainly because I don't want to seem too weird haha! I had to write an essay about the work of Robert Frost, for English, this one time, and my teacher gave me a great idea to begin and end the essay with quotes relevant to his work, and one night I actually spent a full half hour just scrolling through lists upon lists of great quotes.
I know how strange it sounds, but maybe if you're bored sometime, try it! It doesn't even have to be anything in particular, you never know what you might find and how it might affect you..

Anyway, this is a list of my top ten favourite quotes about reading and books!



"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one."

                                - George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons



"You're never alone when you're reading a book."

- Susan Wiggs



"So many books, so little time."

- Frank Zappa



"Books are a uniquely portable magic."


- Stephen King, On Writing



"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge."


- George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones



"I read like the flame reads the wood."

Alfred Döblin



"Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be 
chewed and digested thoroughly.

- Francis Bacon



"You can't enjoy art or books in a hurry."


- E.A. Bucchianeri



"Never judge a book by its 'spine'."


- Stanley Victor Paskavich 



"I cannot live without books."



- Thomas Jefferson


I'm sure most of you will have heard that Nelson Mandela just passed away yesterday evening, and I got this idea, to do a list of quotes when I was going through my twitter feed, and so many people were quoting his brilliant words. So to commemorate him, I'm making the last quote one of his own. Rest in peace man..







"Your playing small 
does not serve
 the world. 

Who are you, 
not to be great?"



Alright, thanks for reading, I'll see you guys tomorrow with Day 7!



No comments:

Post a Comment